Canada Vacancy Job: Union Plumber
Job: Union Plumber
Location: Chilliwack, BC.
Salary: $38.83 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Certification for WHMIS
Nov. 17, 2023
Line of services
Construction, Facilities Management, and Building Management
Note: Under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement, this position is unionized under the BCGEU. For this position, the pay rate is $38.83.
To arrange for the upkeep, replacement, and modifications of the water and waste systems in the designated buildings
Tasks and Duties of Work:
- Keeps an eye on, fixes, evaluates, and maintains water and waste systems.
- Oversees the coordination of plumbing system maintenance and conducts inspections.
- Completes plumbing retrofit projects and performs pipefitting, braising, and soldering as needed.
- Fixes and inspects septic fields, macerators, sprinkler systems, cross-connecting devices, and hydrants.
- Fixes and maintains gas appliances, including hot water tanks and furnaces, and makes sure the necessary permissions are obtained.
- Gives plumbing project quotes.
- Contributes to the creation of long-term maintenance plans and the budgeting method.
- Complies with client requests and drafts requests for quotations and services.
- Chooses and manages contracts, keeping an eye on and verifying performance.
- Additional related tasks
- Helps coworkers and employees as needed.
- Arranges for necessary fabric upkeep and repairs
- Purchases supplies and products, approves bills
- Acts as a team leader by organizing and delegating work as needed.
- Carries out necessary training on confined space procedures, fire and safety regulations, and W.H.M.I.S.
Specific supervisors differ according to locale.
Exercised supervision and direction:
Gives guidance or instructions to subcontractors or colleagues
Physical Resources and Information Administration:
In charge of the waste and water systems’ inspection, upkeep, repairs, and modifications. Drives a company vehicle. utilizes and cares for power and manual tools. keeps up with and maintains paperwork, permits, and building files.
Purchases supplies and products then approves invoices. chooses contractors, keeps an eye on their work, and certifies it. Gets estimates ready. contributes to the budgetary process. Commitment authority: $1,000 for labor and supplies, $500 for materials only. The aforementioned statement should not be interpreted as a comprehensive explanation of every work need that may be inherent in the job; rather, it represents the general information deemed required to characterize and assess the primary tasks of the job indicated.
The ability to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship for a visa at this time or in the future is a requirement for applicants.
This position is unionized and covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the BCGEU. For this position, the pay rate is $38.83.
Working with customers, CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) helps real estate contribute significantly to organizational performance and productivity. The foundation of our client-centric strategy for providing integrated real estate solutions is our account management concept. Using the most comprehensive platform in the business, each customer is supported by both local and global resources under the direction of a committed leader. CBRE GWS consistently provides our clients with measurably better results at every point of the lifecycle, across all industries, and geographic.