Jobs Indeed: Plumber. Diving into Thriving Plumber Jobs Indeed. In terms of career opportunities, the exciting field of plumbing entices serious job seekers to Jobs Indeed: Plumber. This complex vocation reveals a rich career tapestry by fusing expert physical dexterity with hydraulic engineering know-how. Jobs for plumbers can be found on Indeed as a route to financial security and professional fulfillment. Plumbers take on a wide range of responsibilities, from interpreting complex plans to coordinating painstaking installations. Maintaining public health and safety depends heavily on their knowledge of sanitary systems, water distribution networks, and gas conveyance technologies.
Company: City of Kitchener
Location: Kitchener, ON
Salary: $34.25–$35.55 an hour –
Job Type: Full-time
Shift & Schedule
Weekends as needed
Following is a comparison of the job requirements and your choices. Whenever in your profile, deal with your work inclinations.
Competition Number: 2023-328
Job Code: 7039
Posting Date: July 26, 2023
Closing Date: August 20, 2023 (at 6:00 pm)
Located in the heart of southwest Ontario, the metropolis of Kitchener is a thriving and dynamic metropolis of around 270,000 people. With nationally recognized plans to develop its neighborhoods, digital infrastructure, and diverse economy, Kitchener, the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, continues to be well-positioned for development and expansion. This has enhanced its status as a leader in city-building and innovation.
Where you want to work is in the City of Kitchener. Find out more about the main benefits of joining us: Why Work for the City of Kitchener?
Overview of the Position: As a Plumber with Kitchener Utilities, you will be in charge of carrying out a range of manual and skilled tasks connected to the upkeep, installation, and repair of the City’s water meters to ensure their correct operation.
- Performs a wide range of general maintenance and repair tasks relating to the water meters for the City.
- Performs a wide range of positive displacement, compound, mag, and turbine meter maintenance, repair, and exchange tasks.
- Fixes leaks inspects, and replaces metres of different sizes.
- Accounts for the meter’s installation and inspection.
- Reads meters and shuts off as necessary.
- Install water meters of diverse shapes and sizes, some of them in pits and small locations.
- Demonstrates polite customer service; addresses queries and grievances from the general public on small leak repairs and consumption (including inquiries).
- Performs water meter sizing for more substantial water users.
- Verifies the precision of meters.
- Functions as a backup crew leader, as needed.
- Investigates unusually excessive water use.
- Water meters for new buildings are tracked and sent to contractors.
- Keeps track of work-related documentation.
- Does further relevant tasks as required.
- A minimum Grade 12 education is required.
- Having installed, repaired, replaced, and carried out accuracy checks on positive displacement meters for at least one (1) year.
- A legitimate, current “G” Class driver’s license
- A current plumber’s certificate of qualification (306A) is required.
- Should be familiar with mag-type water meters.
- Must be knowledgeable about how compound and turbine meters, which are used internally and on-site, are installed, repaired, replaced, and verified as accurate.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations requirements must be understood and demonstrated.
- The ability to maintain and repair water infrastructure, including meters and service pipes, must be proven.
- Knowledge of pertinent Federal, Provincial, and Municipal codes, laws, and regulations is required.
- The ability to document and retrieve information using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office, is required.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics, plans, and maps with confidence.
- Must possess the ability to do necessary mathematical calculations.
- Must possess the physical stamina to lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to keep accurate records and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service abilities must be demonstrated.
- Must be able to function both independently and in a group setting.
- Must be able to operate in a variety of settings and climates.
- Must be able to promote and support principles that are aligned with the organization.
- Must be capable of completing the necessary training with success.
- Must be prepared to successfully pass a medical test if necessary.
- Must be able to work shifts and weekends.
- Must have a solid work history, a positive attitude, and reliability.
The City of Kitchener is committed to a recruiting and selection process that is equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free and to ensuring that our workforce accurately reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We encourage applications from people who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, or 2SLGBTQ+, as well as from other groups that deserve equity.
In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we shall meet the needs of applicants at all times during the recruiting and selection process. Please let Human Resources know what you need so that we can support your full and equitable participation throughout the hiring process by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 519-741-2200 ext. 7261.
We value each applicant’s enthusiasm. Only those candidates who match the position’s requirements in terms of education, training, and experience will be contacted.
We would like to inform you that in accordance with Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials,” “Immediate Relatives of Staff of the Human Resources Division, All Directors, General Managers, or the Chief Administrative Officer Shall Not Be Employed by the City in Any Capacity.”
All other Management staff are prohibited from hiring their immediate family members in the following situations:
- Within the same Department for full-time, temporary full-time, and part-time employment classifications.
- In the case of students, within the same Division.
Department: Infrastructure Services
Division: Gas and Water Utilities
Union Affiliation: IBEW
Number of Positions: 1
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Location: Initial Location
Kitchener Operations Facility
City Kitchener Compensation
Salary Range: $34.25- $35.55 per hour
More Jobs Indeed Jobs: Plumber.