Indeed Job: General Tradesperson (Plumber). It takes a varied staff to provide clean electricity to 4 million clients, and that’s where you come from. in. To fulfill the rising demand, we need your talent to assist us in constructing significant projects. To assist our Customers looking for renewable energy options for their residences and companies, and are prepared to act to help maintain our system dependable during storms and power outages. Being employed at BC Hydro is worthwhile. The stakes have now increased as we strive for a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We provide possibilities for career advancement, training, and a good work-life balance. We’re honored to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers as well as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers. Join us as we create a B.C. that is even cleaner.
Power comes from water and from people like you.
Company: BC Hydro
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Information About The Job
The choices you have and the employment criteria are compared below. You can always modify your job selections in your profile.
- From the complete job description
- Additional health care
- Housing stipend
According to the IBEW Collective Agreement.
- A general tradesperson who is qualified to carry out the responsibilities of a journeyperson in the carpentry trade shall perform tasks like carpentry, painting, brickwork, track bonding, rigging, automotive, lagging, exploratory diamond drilling, etc. and any other tasks requiring skilled tradespeople, with the exception of those tasks typically carried out by journeyperson electrical workers, which may include special welding to electrical equipment in energized areas.
- A Driver/Helper may provide assistance to a General Tradesperson.
- Since there is a lack of labor of any kind, it would be impractical to limit one person to one class of jobs, even if employees in these categories will be required to complete a variety of tasks.
- As a result, the categorization definitions only serve as an indication of the duties and qualifications of the relevant individuals.
- In addition to the aforementioned, installing ductwork might be required by general tradespeople.
- An electrical journeyperson must be present throughout installation and may be asked to oversee the workforce if the job is done in stations.
According to the IBEW Collective Agreement.
- A Red Seal endorsement from another province or a BC trade qualification Plumber.
- Basic knowledge of computers and proficiency with Microsoft applications and programs.
- B.C. Class 5 driver’s license in good standing, or the capacity to obtain one.
- The ideal candidates would be highly skilled in at least two building skills and have a fundamental understanding of additional crafts related to building maintenance.
- Commitment to safety, compliance with WorkSafeBC regulations, and safe working procedures.
- Understanding of provincial building codes, WorkSafeBC, and other relevant laws pertaining to building operation and maintenance.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union (IBEW Local 258), found online at www.ibew258.bc.ca, is linked with this job.
- The General Tradesperson will perform a range of plumbing duties, such as identifying and repairing leaks as well as installing and repairing pipes.
- An incentive of 12% for remote work can be applied at this site. Full-Time Regular Employees operating in qualified remote locations receive Remote Incentives biweekly.
- Employees who work remotely and are eligible for the 12% remote incentive are also qualified for a retirement relocation and an interest-free home loan of up to $25,000.
- The Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit is applicable to this location. Employees working full-time regularly, part-time regularly, or full-time temporarily in eligible remote locations are eligible for the Extended Health Care Medical Travel Benefit.
- Maintaining your driver’s license is a requirement of this position: Class 5 – Up to Class.
- To protect the workplace, BC Hydro performs pre-placement medical examinations on candidates for specific roles. You might need to provide proof that you passed a pre-placement medical examination as part of the screening process.
- Please be aware that because this position has been determined to be safety-sensitive, pre-employment alcohol and drug testing will be necessary.
We’re always searching for extraordinary individuals who can bring fresh perspectives, innovative ideas, and the drive to help shape the BC electrical system. Being a part of our team at this exciting moment as we make system improvements and get ready for tomorrow’s challenges is exhilarating.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward-thinking.
BC Hydro is an employer that values diversity.
Everybody is included. Anyone who has the skills and knowledge to effectively connect with different communities is welcome to apply, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others.
In addition, we are pleased to make reasonable adjustments for candidates and employees of BC Hydro. If you need assistance applying online because you have a disability, please get in touch with us at Recruitmenthelp@
Defined roles for flexible work models
Depending on the type of work they conduct, each of our four position types identifies the degree of flexibility an employee might have to work from home. Depending on the needs of the business and the management overseeing each function, some jobs may be flexible. Additionally, workers have the option of working full-time from the office if they so choose. Every one of our roles calls for at least some face-to-face time.
IBEW/Field: No home office option
Resident: Spends most of their time (4+ days a week) working in the office.
Hybrid – Up to three days a week of remote work may be possible.
Remote: 4+ days per week spent working from home
HOW TO APPLY
Don’t forget to add a copy of your most recent CV and credentials to your Candidate Profile. Include your trade qualification if appropriate. This will guarantee that we have all the data required to evaluate your application quickly.
Date Posted: 2023-08-14 Closing Date: 2023-09-04