Indeed Jobs: Wastewater Technician (Plumbing & Maintenance). A Water Technician (Plumbing and maintenance) is needed by Accuworx Inc. (a GFL Environmental Company) to serve our Commercial lines of business from our Toronto, ON location. The technician’s main duties will include running and keeping an eye on any mobile water treatment systems that include coagulation, sand, and bag sediment filtration, media filtration, etc.
Company: GFL Environmental Inc.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Type: Full-time
Shift & schedule: Day Shift and Night Shift
The qualifications for the position and your options are broken down below. When writing your profile, consider your preferences for the job.
- Use and supervision of portable water treatment system(s)
- Gather samples of incoming water, note quantities, and receiver information, and analyze incoming water on a bench to find the best water treatment method.
- Actively participate as necessary to keep initiatives moving forward.
- Work inside the system and show that you have the skills necessary to function well in a culture that values collaboration
- High level of hands-on adaptability and the capacity to work with the site supervisor to quickly implement contingency plans Ensure the strictest adherence to Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental legislation at all stages of project activity
Knowledge, Competencies, and Knowledge:
- 12th grade or its equivalent a degree from college or university
- Plumbing experience from the past is advantageous.
- Experience with maintenance in the past is seen favorably.
- Being familiar with active construction is advantageous.
- Flexible – Depending on project performance, the work schedule may alter. There will probably be a need for shift labor, which could include day, evening, or night jobs. A shift may need the candidate to work at multiple locations, and they will be responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the employment sites.
- Detail-oriented – The system needs to be closely watched to make sure it is running within the necessary constraints. A thorough operations log will be given and is required to be completed each day. It will be necessary to collect water samples and record them in accordance with the correct sampling technique.
- Ability to Operate Outside – All system components are outside and will function in any weather.
- Operate Equipment (Mechanically Inclined) – To maintain maximum plant productivity, the successful candidate will be in charge of the operation and maintenance of plant equipment and mechanical connections. Moving and/or changing media, bag filters, piping, hoses, totes, pumps, and other equipment as needed will also be part of the responsibilities. An important asset is previous plumbing and/or labor work experience.
Possessing the capacity to work independently while yet contributing to a team effort and being highly hands-on
- Interplay with various substances
- Working occasionally with offensive odors
Thank you for your interest. Contact information will only be given to individuals who are invited for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, GFL Environmental welcomes applications from women, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people who identify as members of visible minorities. We strive to hire people with a variety of traits, histories, and viewpoints. We firmly think that top-tier talent enriches itself via diversity and is not limited by factors such as gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or religion. Throughout the hiring process, GFL will make adjustments for job applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you need accommodation, and we’ll work with you to find a solution.