American AAUW International Fellowships for Women. Women who are neither citizens nor lawful permanent residents of the United States are eligible to apply for international fellowships from the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to pursue full-time study or research in the country. Graduate and postgraduate studies are supported at recognized institutions.
Deadline: 15 Nov 2023 (annual)
Study in: USA
The next course starts on 1 July 2024
Accredited U.S. institutions are the host institution(s).
Graduate and postgraduate programs at authorized American colleges are available.
Number of Awards: Unknown
Women who are neither permanent residents nor citizens of the United States are the target audience. The inclination is given to ladies who have previously shown promise to the headway of ladies and young ladies by city, social, or expert activity.
Scholarship worth and components:
- Fellowship for Masters or the Profession: $20,000
- $25k for a doctoral fellowship
- $50,000 for a postdoctoral fellowship
The accompanying prerequisites should be met by candidates to be qualified for worldwide cooperation:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the United States, or have a valid nonimmigrant visa if you’re a resident of the United States. Women who currently have the status of American citizen, permanent resident, or dual citizen of the United States and another country are not eligible, nor are they permitted to do so during the fellowship year.
- Possess a degree from an academic institution (acquired in the US or overseas) that is equal to a US bachelor’s degree.
- Plan to focus only on the suggested academic course of study throughout the fellowship year.
- They intend to go back home after their studies are through to pursue professional careers.
- Have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5) proving English language competency.
- Candidates for master’s degrees, first professional degrees, and doctorates must have submitted applications by November 15 to approved institutions of higher learning for the fellowship year and must include the institution’s name in their international fellowship application. Although accepting an award at the time of application is not required, fellows are required to submit official confirmation from the school along with their award acceptance documentation.
- Postdoctoral applicants need to show verification of their doctorate, have a doctorate that is a research degree (such as a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or D.M. ), or have an M.F.A., and state the location of their intended study.
- For the duration of the fellowship year, doctoral and master’s applicants must be enrolled in a university in their country of residence that has received U.S. accreditation.
For additional information, visit the official website (link provided below) to view the complete eligibility requirements.
Applications and accompanying documentation are submitted online. The AY 2023–2024 application deadline is November 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Standard Pacific Time.
It is crucial to go to the official website (link provided below) to access the online application and to find out the most recent, accurate details about this fellowship.